Thursday 3 December 2009

DIY: theStudded Blazer

I've been asked about this item so many times, guaranteed it will get a stare or a comment, unintentionally, I was just experimenting at the time, to realize that the seasons trend was so relevant to my practice. Honestly, like I was making this back in July and I strolled into Zara and I found a blazer which was so uncanny but I felt like I was robbed of what I was doing, though this has probably been done so many times before me, then come to realize that Balmain pulled a massive trick out of the bag to reveal a blazer covered in studs which was honestly fantastic.
Here's my spin.

At the time I was obsessed with studs so I put them over everything, so like you can see they arent all the same shape, but I think overall it adds effect. The big ones are the statement though, and this whole process will take a while but its worth it for a statement piece, like amongst my wardrobe its a classic for me.
I bought a pack of 2-3 containing 50 from eBay in different sizes and they have sharp prongs on the back your pierce them through in the desired pattern. The larger ones I got from a market in SOHO, just hunt around antique stores or punk shops, they are likely to have a large selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit it with your rhythm stick